Social Media Manager - Remote
The KILLSTAR brand is an invitation for people to explore, discover, and become who they are. We help affirm this invitation by creating an inclusive, supportive environment where our team members are embraced exactly as they are.
BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, veterans, neurodivergent, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply. KILLSTAR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about all things social media, and ready to learn and grow in a team environment. In this role, you’ll be managing the strategy for, and innovation of, KILLSTAR’s social channels, balancing analytics and creativity to deliver compelling and engaging content for our audience. You will be responsible for managing large campaign launches and events, and implementing our day-to-day content. If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Devise & execute a strategy to grow overall audience & engagement on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, TikTok & YouTube profiles.
- Provide strategic oversight and program planning/management for social media campaigns.
- Create & source compelling and creative social media content to engage customers and grow fan bases on various social media platforms.
- Monitor, manage, and moderate the communities on the platforms & providing vision and direction to the broader team.
- Create & curate rich content by working to the overall site content calendar, researching key trends, and strong visuals to inspire interaction from our followers.
- Partner with various internal teams (i.e. Merchandising, E-commerce, Legal, Ops, etc.) to ensure campaigns are integrated and compliant.
- Research new developments within the online social field to drive advancements in our social media operations
Who You Are:
- Social Media Enthusiast: you’re the first person to try out a new platform, and you’re a master at creating engaging content on those which already exist. You live and breathe social media, constantly grow and engage your audience, and know how to leverage these tools to produce results.
- Creative: you’re full of new and unique ideas, easily make connections among previously unrelated ideas, and others view you as original and highly valuable when brainstorming.
- Brilliant Written Communicator: your writing style is strong and adaptable - you can summarize a novel in a caption, and do it in any brand voice imaginable..
- Solid Decision-Maker: your solutions and suggestions are based on wisdom, critical thinking, experience, and sound judgment.
- Agile: you're future-oriented; you can anticipate future trends, have broad knowledge and perspective in your area of expertise, and you're skilled at getting things done through formal channels and informal networks.
- Customer-Focused: you’re constantly looking for ways to improve the experiences of internal and external customers, including your team
- Organized: you can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, and marshal resources effectively to deliver results.
- Analytical: you can look at numbers all day, and help them make sense to others; you take a data-driven approach to problem-solving and management.
Your Experience Includes:
- Extensive professional experience in a social media environment.
- Deep understanding of digital & alternative fashion landscape, whether personal or professional
- Executing multiple projects at once, balancing priorities and managing resources to get things done
Bonus If You’ve:
- Managed social media for a leading media, agency, or retail brand.
- Immersed in the alt community and scene, including fashion
Does this sound like you?
Then we can’t wait to hear from you!
Please be prepared with a URL to your resume and/or cover letter when you apply.