Senior Designer, Brighton
Senior Designer, Brighton
The KILLSTAR brand is an invitation for people to explore, discover, and become who they are. We help affirm this invitation by creating an inclusive, supportive environment where our team members are embraced exactly as they are.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about KILLSTAR and our design aesthetic. In this position, you will be working closely alongside our Design Manager whilst acting as a mentor to our Design team to create exceptional collections and products spanning all wearable categories. We are looking for someone to support the development of our brand vision, further elevate the KILLSTAR aesthetic and be an innovative collaborator within our team. If this sounds like you, please read on!
What You’ll Do:
- Supporting the Design Manager on seasonal concepts, including but not limited to; mood boards, fabric selection, colour concepts and seasonal inspirations across apparel and lifestyle.
- Coach and mentor a team of junior designers and ensure the design team is working on schedule, with deadlines in mind.
- Present inspiring, bold and innovative design ideas and display confidence in developing styles from sketch to sample, including technical drawings, garment construction and specifications for suppliers.
- Design collections with Killstar aesthetic in mind, ensuring product is in agreement with business strategy and market position.
- Overseeing design and correspondence with development team, tech team and manufacturers.
- Use sales feedback to develop strong range planning for future collections.
- Align with the Design Manager’s vision to develop and inspire the design team.
- Brings an enthusiastic and motivated energy to the team.
- Assist the Design Manager with handing over collections to development and tech teams.
- Assist the Design Manager managing critical paths within the design department.
- Working alongside the design, development and tech teams to manage fittings
- Possess a strong knowledge and background of understanding of prints, managing their development from strike off to sample, to ensure they align with collection and brand vision.
- On request, manage and work with freelance designers on designed collections and graphics
- Support in the direction of photoshoots as needed and attend lookbook shoots when required.
- Any additional duties as required for the smooth running of the design and product development team.
Who You Are:
- Adaptable: you are adaptable to change and willing to embrace new ways of working and conducting activities.
- An Agile Learner: you are someone who is willing to learn and sees failure as an opportunity.
- Knowledgeable: you are someone who has a passion for fashion and seeks a development opportunity within a design environment.
- Innovative: you are creative, have a commercial mindset and strive to develop new ways of doing things to help benefit the department and team.
- Inspiring: the people you work with are motivated to do their best, and you inspire others by inviting their input, sharing ownership and visibility, and ensuring that everyone on your direct and extended teams are valued for their contributions
- Versatile: you look toward the broadest possible view of any challenge, and have broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits.
- Reliable Communicator: you are good about keeping people updated about changes, and your written and verbal communication is clear and concise.
Bonus If You:
- Have an affinity for the alternative fashion industry.
- Have a clear understanding of our current aesthetic and designs.
- Have previously mentored in-house and freelance designers.
- Have had extensive experience and a clear overview of all stages of the product life cycle.
Work Hours and Location:
This role will be based in a hybrid working arrangement at our Brighton Studio. However, for the right candidate, we are open to the potential of this position to be performed on a remote basis.
This role is a full-time position of 37.5 hours, with hours worked between 08:00am – 06:00pm, Monday through to Friday.
Does this sound like you?
KILLSTAR is committed to a world where what makes us different makes us strong. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and we back that up with a “come as you are” culture that is welcoming, inclusive, and safe. If you can see yourself being successful and excited in this role, we want to hear from you.
Apply using this link.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.