Distribution Center Director, US
The KILLSTAR brand is an invitation for people to explore, discover, and become who they are. We help affirm this invitation by creating an inclusive, supportive environment where our team members are embraced exactly as they are.
BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, veterans, neurodivergent, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply. KILLSTAR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about taking a data-driven approach to efficiency and leadership, and ready to learn and grow in a team environment. In this role, you’ll be leading the distribution center for KILLSTAR operations from our warehouse in Commerce, Los Angeles. You will be responsible for ensuring operational efficiency, maintaining impeccable records, and developing a team of warehouse leaders. If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Define, enhance, measure, and improve the effectiveness of warehouse operations including maintaining budgets and setting goals for growth
- Coach, develop, and mentor a team of managers responsible for specific areas of the operation including pick/pack/ship, wholesale, quality control, and cycle count teams
- Maintain, review, and enforce a comprehensive Health and Safety program for teams and site visitors
- Build and maintain partnerships with vendors and internal and external stakeholders to drive continuous improvement
- Ensure a seamless customer experience for order fulfillment, returns and exchanges, and product quality.
Who You Are:
- Compassionate Leader: you are genuinely interested in the success of others, a champion for their goals; you’re viewed as approachable and fair; you're personally committed, and actively work, to continuously improve yourself and your team.
- Inspiring: the people you work with are motivated to do their best, and you inspire others by inviting their input, sharing ownership and visibility, and ensuring that everyone on your direct and extended teams are valued for their contributions
- Reliable Communicator: you are good about keeping people updated about changes, and your written and verbal communication is clear and concise.
- Solid Decision-Maker: your solutions and suggestions are based on wisdom, critical thinking, experience, and sound judgment.
- Agile: you're future-oriented; you can anticipate future trends, have broad knowledge and perspective in your area of expertise, and you're skilled at getting things done through formal channels and informal networks.
- Customer-Focused: you’re constantly looking for ways to improve the experiences of internal and external customers, including your team
- Organized: you can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, and marshal resources effectively to deliver results.
- Collaborative Negotiator: you can negotiate skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups, settle differences with minimum noise, and win concessions while empowering relationships
- Analytical: you can look at numbers all day, and help them make sense to others; you take a data-driven approach to problem-solving and management.
Your Experience Includes:
- Being accountable for the results of large (50 - 100 people) operational teams
- E-commerce fulfillment with daily output volume over 2k
- Managing high-cost and high-volume vendor relationships
- Working with multiple integrated software systems
Bonus If You’ve:
- Been accountable for a similarly sized warehouse
- Worked with Shopify, ShipStation, and SKUVault in addition to other ecommerce and warehouse management platforms
- Led teams in a bilingual (Spanish and English) environment, and/or speak Spanish
Does this sound like you?
Then we can’t wait to hear from you!
Please be prepared with a URL to your resume and/or cover letter when you apply.
Application link: https://forms.gle/7UmWs45ButeJWkQ76