Director of Brand & Creative, Global Remote
The KILLSTAR brand is an invitation for people to explore, discover, and become who they are. We help affirm this invitation by creating an inclusive, supportive environment where our team members are embraced exactly as they are.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about provoking relationships with customers, and who is ready to learn and grow in a team environment. In this role, you’ll be leading our beauty brand while also inspiring our creative team to deliver world-class experiences. You will be responsible for leading the day-to-day management of KILLSTAR’s beauty brand and infusing consistency throughout our DNA, reaching across all touchpoints. If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Evolve and implement our company brand identity, delivering compelling creative that builds and amplifies our brand to all our critical audiences and across all mediums and channels
- Deliver unique, differentiated creative that delivers against our business goals including: build brand awareness, drive engagement, build trust, and improve conversion
- Articulate a clear brand vision and guidelines to enable our current brands, products, and identities to evolve to a coherent and consistent visual and verbal identity
- Lead and collaborate with the Creative Team to elevate and enhance brand visual style and voice
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining a clear brand vision based on user research and customer feedback
- Lead the strategic creation of on-brand designs and other creative ideas that fit the stakeholder briefs from the first sketch to final execution including reviewing and approving all stages of creative execution, both inhouse and from external partners
- Back up creative decisions with data to ensure brand marketing that truly performs
- Ensure brands' integrity is maintained throughout creative and marketing initiatives
- Collaborate internally to create & implement strategies to establish both KILLSTAR and our beauty brand as global leading authorities in their genre and category
- Help identify market trends and customer insights to grow the brands both B2B and B2C
- Continue to grow, inspire and lead our incredible creative team
- Co-own with Head of Marketing the development and messaging of the brand narrative connected to key customer personas that this role will create and implement
- Manage all deliverables for our beauty brand including new product launches from start to finish
Who You Are:
- Collaborative Negotiator: you can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups, settle differences with minimum noise, and win concessions while empowering relationships
- Inspiring: the people you work with are motivated to do their best, and you inspire others by inviting their input, sharing ownership and visibility, and ensuring that everyone on your direct and extended teams are valued for their contributions
- Analytical: you can look at numbers all day, and help them make sense to others; you take a data-driven approach to problem-solving and management
- Agile: you're future-oriented; you can anticipate future trends, have broad knowledge and perspective in your area of expertise, and you're skilled at getting things done through formal channels and informal networks
- Organized: you can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, and marshal resources effectively to deliver results
- Creative: you’re full of new and unique ideas, easily make connections among previously unrelated ideas, and others view you as original and highly valuable when brainstorming
- Reliable Communicator: you are good about keeping people updated about changes, and your written and verbal communication is clear and concise
- Versatile: you look toward the broadest possible view of any challenge, and have broad-ranging personal and business interests and pursuits - you have an existing passion for the alternative lifestyle and fashion spaces
Your Experience Includes:
- 5-8 years of success and expertise in brand strategy, brand marketing, and creative leadership
- Working knowledge of creative design and collaboration tools and digital platforms
Bonus If You’re:
- Experienced in corporate and consumer brands with global reach
- Earned a Master’s degree in marketing, creative, or communications fields
Does this sound like you?
We’d love to hear from you! Apply using this link.
BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, veterans, neurodivergent, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply. KILLSTAR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.