Content Assistant, Glasgow
The KILLSTAR brand is an invitation for people to explore, discover, and become who they are. We help affirm this invitation by creating an inclusive, supportive environment where our team members are embraced exactly as they are.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about understanding and improving e-commerce and is ready to learn and grow in a team environment. In this role, you’ll be creating and coordinating visual and written content, aiding in weekly launches and helping the content team produce high quality content. If this sounds like you, we’d love to meet you!
What You’ll Do:
- Crop, analyse and co-ordinate the imagery for launches ensuring clear and consistent communication across departments.
- Write copy for product descriptions keeping in line with the brand tone of voice and developing the descriptions to service the customer.
- Assist in the coordination of the ghosted imagery for weekly launches.
- Unpack all photoshoot samples and maintain sample tracking spreadsheets for the content team.
- Pack shoot parcels and influencer parcels for the content team.
- Maintain the sample area ensuring all samples are correctly organised and logged. Keep the area clean and manageable.
- Keep track of weekly deadlines, keeping tracking sheets updated and aid in the organisation of photoshoots.
- Research and implement standard operating procedures that may help streamline the launch processes.
- Attend and assist on photoshoots when needed.
- Assist on any other ad hoc content needs the team may have.
- Demonstrate expertise with KILLSTAR’s brand aesthetic, standards, voice, and guidelines.
Who You Are:
- Creative: you’re full of new and unique ideas, easily make connections among previously unrelated ideas, and others view you as original and highly valuable when brainstorming.
- Brilliant Written Communicator: your writing style is strong and adaptable - you can summarise a novel in a caption, and do it in any brand voice imaginable.
- Solid Decision-Maker: your solutions and suggestions are based on wisdom, critical thinking, experience, and sound judgement.
- Agile: you're future-oriented; you can anticipate future trends, have broad knowledge and perspective in your area of expertise, and you're skilled at getting things done through formal channels and informal networks.
- Customer-Focused: you’re constantly looking for ways to improve the experiences of internal and external customers, including your team
Organised: you can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, and marshal resources effectively to deliver results.
Your Experience Includes:
- Experience working in e-commerce preferably in product related roles.
- Deep understanding of the digital & alternative fashion landscape, whether personal or professional.
- Executing multiple projects at once, balancing priorities and managing resources to get things done.
- Analysis of marketing content.
Bonus If You’ve:
- Developed content for a leading media, agency, or retail brand
- Immersed in the alt community and scene, including fashion
Working Hours and Location:
This is a full-time position of 37.5 hours per week, with hours worked between Monday to Friday.
This role will be performed on a hybrid basis, consisting of working remotely and in our Glasgow Distribution Centre. The successful candidate will need to be based in Glasgow, so they are close to the business operations and team.
Does this sound like you?
KILLSTAR is committed to a world where what makes us different makes us strong. We are a proud equal opportunity employer and we back that up with a “come as you are” culture that is welcoming, inclusive, and safe. If you can see yourself being successful and excited in this role, we want to hear from you.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.