Assistant Production Manager, Brighton, UK
The KILLSTAR brand is an invitation for people to explore, discover, and become who they are. We help affirm this invitation by creating an inclusive, supportive environment where our team members are embraced exactly as they are.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the nuts and bolts of production, and ready to learn and grow in a team environment. The Assistant Production Manager will have the responsibility and ownership of the entire production process. You are working across teams to ensure creative designs are translated into practical and innovative market ready products that are strategically produced. You are a critical cross-functional leader, pivotal in building aesthetically and quality authentic products while achieving financial goals and budgets.
What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that you know the where, when, why, and how of every SKU at every stage of its product development and production lifecycle, and provide transparent and accessible documentation of these details in real time.
- Liaise with internal and external teams to ensure sample coordination, approval, and fittings happen according to schedule
- Closely monitor and update the critical path documentation - from design through readiness for sale - to ensure all products are delivered to our distribution centres on time.
- Drive the onboarding process for new suppliers.
- Assess existing supplier base and source new suppliers to ensure competitive pricing and good quality product in line with margin requirements and order volumes.
- Oversee supplier relationships to ensure all suppliers meet and maintain delivery, quality and margin expectations. Communicate with them regularly to clarify all priorities and technical details.
- Improve production organization, communication, and effectiveness through ongoing process management in creation, review, and improvement phases.
- Partner with Merchandising teams to ensure that products are produced into set price points and that margins are kept, and to to optimize and strategize seasonal budget alongside projections.
- Ensure that costing and margin targets are met each season.
- Ensure that the products live up to KILLSTAR standards and quality requirements, including approving reference samples during both the product development process and the commercial garment production, to meet design expectations, technical requirements and business expectations.
- Set quality standards for suppliers and internal teams
Who You Are:
- Change Agent: you demonstrate that sustainability, combined with a strong design agenda, is the only way forward and want to lead the change within the fashion industry.
- Problem-Solver: you geek out on simplifying complexity, discovering hidden answers, rooting out hidden problems, and finding solutions.
- Detail-Oriented: you pride yourself on having every i dotted and every t crossed, never missing an important fact, figure, or detail.
- An Agile Learner: you learn quickly when something changes, you see failure as an opportunity, and you easily understand underlying structures and intentions.
- Solid Decision-Maker; your solutions and suggestions are based on wisdom, critical thinking, experience, and sound judgment.
- Organized: you can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal, and marshal resources effectively to deliver results.
- Reliable Communicator: you are good about keeping people updated about changes, and your written and verbal communication is clear and concise.
Your Experience Includes:
- 3+ years in fashion production
- Project and/or process management
- Mastery with Microsoft Excel including VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, and Charts/Graphs
- Accountability for managing the pre-production or post-production process in the fashion industry
- Working knowledge of market specific legal requirements in distribution & supply
Bonus If You’re:
- Experienced with ecommerce platforms such as Shopify or WooCommerce
- Confident in a hybrid work environment, including a remote relationship with your manager
- Experienced working with factories in the far east
- Someone who has a personal affinity for or connection to alternative lifestyle and fashion communities
This role is expected to be performed mostly in our office in Brighton, England. While KILLSTAR is a remote-first company, this role does require being onsite to coordinate with the team in real time.
Does this sound like you?
We’d love to hear from you! Apply using this link.
BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, veterans, neurodivergent, and disabled individuals are encouraged to apply. KILLSTAR is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.